Thursday, April 27, 2017

Website Design Project: Final Designs


Here are the final designs for my website project. As a reminder, the business I invented, Green Sounds, is a combination record store, cafe, and live performance space that runs on solar power and is built with and uses recyclable materials.

Here's the landing page. I used leaves and an organic-looking color scheme to emphasize the "natural" aspect of the business. Like I mentioned in our tutorial discussions, I did look into the tutorial Dylan posted about adding leaves to letters, but in the end I decided I wanted the letters to actually be made of leaves rather than just have leaves on them. I did the leaves by hand with the pen tool, which was kind of laborious. Adding drop shadows helped a lot with the look. I made the record images by hand using the shaper tool. As always, please click each image below to enlarge.



Here's the Mission page. Mostly the same ideas as the first page. I tried to make the parchment by hand, and I found a tutorial about how to do it, but it involved some pretty sophisticated machinations with the pen tool that I wasn't quite up to, so I imported a parchment image from the web instead.


Here's the Space page. Since a lot of the other elements are the same as the Mission page, I used a different parchment and a different typeface to change things up a little.


Here's the Cafe page. FYI, I added a drop shadow to the Events link because it wasn't popping out enough against its background. But hopefully it doesn't look weird to have the shadow on only one of the event links; it looked OK to me.


Here's the Events page. I decided to use the wood background, which I imported from the web, to continue the theme of maintaining an organic feel. Again I added drop shadows to the links where they overlapped with the calendar so they popped out better.


No comments:

Post a Comment